Sunday, April 14, 2013

Power of Positive Thoughts

Congratulations to Kelly from First Grade Fairytales and Lori Rosenberg from Teaching With Love and Laughter! You two guessed the closest to how many days of school I have left! I get out on May 30 at noon, so technically, I have 32.5 days left of school. Since no one guessed that, I'm giving my plant unit to the people who guessed closest! {Kelly and Lori, I will send you your packets via email today!}

I've been noticing a upsurge in my stress level the past few weeks and I totally believe in the power of positive affirmations to help change my life. I started doing my positive affirmations again and noticed such a difference in my life. So, I wondered what would happen if I did positive affirmations with my students at school. I noticed a huge change in the atmosphere in my classroom the past two weeks I've been doing them with my students. And, I've noticed a change in their scores on spelling tests and math tests. Of course, this isn't scientific but there are many books and articles out there that support the power of positive thinking.

Here are just a few of the positive affirmations I have my students say each day with me. I say them and just have them repeat them back to me:


I tape positive affirmations to my mirrors, I put them in my car, I say them when I get any sort of fear in my heart. Another thing I do when I am under stress is send love to people and to the situation around me. I just say in my mind "I bless this person with love. I bless this person to be surrounded by love." I even do that with my classroom! I'll say "I bless this classroom with love. I bless everyone who enters into my classroom to feel love." And so on. The sky is the limit! You can bless anything and anyone with love and the great thing about it, is that as you do this, your own heart begins to fill with love and to soften.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week this week! And if things start to get negative or stressful in your life, I encourage you to try using positive thoughts and affirmations to help bring peace and love into your life. If you do try it, I'd love to hear back from you on how it went!


There is Only Love,



0 comments:

Post a Comment

I just LOVE your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...