Saturday, January 19, 2013

Penguin Packet Winners!! and The Smog is Killing Me

Hey everyone!! Thank you so much to everyone who has linked up with my January Freebie Linky Party!! It's not too late to join in the fun! Just click on the picture above and add your link to your freebie! And go check out the amazing freebies already linked up!  

And THANK YOU sooo much to everyone who entered my Penguin Packet giveaway! I'm so excited to announce the WINNERS!!! 

I meant to post the winner yesterday but my sweet husband took me out on a date and I didn't get 'er done! SO, to make up for the delay, I chose THREE winners instead of just one!! Whoo hoo!! The winners are.....Cherie, Kelly S. and Rachel Lindle!! Keep an eye out, I'll be sending your packets shortly! 





















We had yet another full week of inside recess due to temperatures hovering around 10 degrees and poor (can you say TOXIC WASTE) air quality. I think this horrible pollution is going to give me lung cancer!!!


Seriously, people!! It is so bad that when I go outside I just choke and cough. So many people I know are suffering from sore and irritated throats around here! I seriously think I need a mask for when I go outside....

So, I just took a break to see how bad our air quality really is and found this:

This, my friends, is a map from the government website, AIRNow.gov. See that red spot? Yeppers, that's where I live....

Then I found this from January 7:

Yummm....Doesn't that air just make you want to go for a nice long jog?? Ha!

I think we have been in this inversion since the start of the new year and I know it can't be healthy....

nor is it good on my sanity....

three weeks of inside recess = head banging brick wall

:)


Ok, so on a much happier note, I am redoing my winter packet and getting together some freebies for you! Come back again tomorrow and I PROMISE I will have something much more teacher related for you! 

In the meantime, go check out the air quality map and see how your town ranks!

Hugs,



6 comments:

  1. Wow! I cannot believe I won! I know my kids will love your activities =) I cannot wait to use them! Thank you for having a giveaway...it has really been a blessing since money has been so tight lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!!! I hope your class has fun with the activities! Have a great rest of the weekend!
    Hugs,
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Rebecca, I know what you mean about the SMOG! I live in Utah too. I don't know what's going to kill me first- the smog or the inside recesses. Love your blog!
    Petersons-Pad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sheree, I know, right?? More snow tonight! Hopefully it will move some of this smog out of the valley!
      Hugs,
      Rebecca

      Delete
  4. OK I will never complain about the smog in Los Angeles ever again! Barf!
    What do they call your Rainy Day Recess? "Smoggy-Lung Damage Day Recess?" I think a road trip to Cali is just what your lungs ordered...hint hint ;)

    Hang in there and here's praying for some blue skies-literally!
    ~Christy & Tammy
    Fluttering Through First Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha ha!! I love that name you came up with for smoggy day inside recess! I was calling it "Toxic Waste Inside Recess"!! ha ha! Seriously, I'm thinking a bit of Southern Cali sunshine is desperately needed for this girl!! :)
      Hugs,
      Rebecca

      Delete

I just LOVE your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...